Last night, in the pouring monsoon rain, I rode in a small car driven by our field coordinator, Madhu. He drove exceedingly slowly, which I really appreciated. After we finished looking at the restaurant that will host our party this week, we made it back to ASCI, where I told Madhu that it’s okay, we can discuss the issue tomorrow morning.
Later last night, Amy received a cryptic text message about how Madhu and Ravi “barely escaped.”
Some scaffolding holding up the "fly-over" under construction (that is, a highway they're building) collapsed in the heart of Hyderabad, and trapped dozens under it. I’m still not sure how many people died. Thankfully the estimates keep shrinking. It's under 10, now.
A few hours after Madhu texted Amy , I received a text from an enumerator, asking if I was okay. His next said “thank god,” and told me that he’d crossed that street only 4 minutes before.
I’m not sure why I’m telling all my concerned relatives this, but now you can worry all the more.
2 comments:
i'm glad that the situation is getting better but nothing bad happened between you and madhu right? the way it sounds saying you would discuss the issue later is like something happened. i hope everything is ok with you alex.
Glad to hear you're fine and I hope you and the rest of your team continue to stay safe. Keep up the posts!
Post a Comment