Tuesday, August 21, 2007
over a week and a half ago.
Many of the PGD-HM students are doctors, which is definitely comforting. So is having a public health PhD living next door. So I shouldn't have been too worried when I went from feeling great at 6PM to feeling dizzy at 6:15 to full-blown fever/nausea at 7. But it's still India, so I started writing a will in my head just in case (I was delirious, and i'd recently read about a whole bunch of semi-rare diseases that can kill if not treated quickly). After emptying some of my stomach contents up and out the top, though, I felt my fever go down a couple of degrees (to, it turned out, 103). At 9PM I knew I'd get through it. Which I did. Apparently, quite a few students here came down with similar ailments. When asked about whether they thought the food downstairs caused it, everyone responds "no, no - I think it's the change in the weather." Now, I'm not a doctor, but I've never heard of rainy weather making people puke and shit liquid. In fairness to them, I think the students meant that the latest front may have carried some virus with it. I'm not a doctor, and I really have no idea how all this works. But I'm buying hand sanitizer - my apologies to future generations. ps: my thanks to jess for taking good care of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Have you been watching a lot of House? Because that show could definitely induce paranoia in someone over fever and nausea.
All kidding aside though, glad you're alive.
My plot to poison you from nearly halfway around the globe was a complete success!
ick...i got a stomach bug a few weeks ago here too....not fun. glad you're feeling better.
the last comment is from Jen....
Yeah, "the weather" won't do that to you. Pretty likely that it's something in the food or water - or something you picked up on your hands. Keep the hand sanitizer with you, especially when you go to do field work.
Post a Comment